Enjoy exceptional coffee at home. This kettle is the Lamborghini of the coffee world. ‘Won’t it make me look like one of those ridiculous hipsters?’ Nope, you’ll just be drinking better coffee and looking like a pro while you’re making it.
Engineered in premium-grade stainless steel with a gooseneck spout for steady water flow (essential for hand drip perfection). with a unique triple-layer base so it works on all stovetops and stays rust-free and safe for decades.
Burnt coffee makes everyone sad. When water is too hot it scorches your precious beans. Too cold and you’ll never reach the full flavor potential. The built-in temperature gauge eliminates guesswork and disappointment and delivers more smiles per cup.
Drink better coffee. Unlike the competition, we never compromise on quality, service or your happiness. Inferior kettles leak rust into your water over time - ours could outlive your kitchen. The search for coffee that makes you smile ends here.
40floz / 1200ml
27floz / 800ml boil-safe
34floz / 1000ml
22floz / 660ml boil-safe
Suitable for use on induction, halogen, gas or electric ranges.
Coffee Gator’s gooseneck pour over coffee kettle has a maximum capacity of 34 fl oz. Its height is 5.2 inches with a weight of 16.9 oz. The kettle is designed in surgical grade stainless steel which is the best among the kinds of stainless steels because it has the greatest amount of corrosion resistance. The kettle features a triple layered anti-rust base and has a lid with a thermometer that gives your coffee the perfect brewing temperature. Also, its precision spout allows a steady, safe and smooth flow. With such user friendly features and top-quality design, rest assured that your coffee will be delicious and you’ll feel like a barista while preparing it. It’s simple, quick as well as efficient.
The Coffee Gator gooseneck pour over coffee kettle is suitable for use on halogen, induction, electric or gas ranges. Because of its built-in temperature gauge, it prevents the water from over-boiling and burning your coffee. The result is a beverage that brings out the maximum flavor from your precious beans. Also, its gooseneck spout allows greater control of flow to the user, making the kettle easy to handle and allowing better brewing.
What is the Purpose of a Gooseneck Kettle?
A gooseneck kettle allows better hand drip and hence better control while pouring water on the grounds. It makes the kettle easy and safe to handle. The user can control the flow by simply tilting the wrist forward or backwards.
How to Use a Gooseneck Coffee Kettle - Step by Step Guide
There are two main steps to mastering the pour over coffee making method using a gooseneck kettle. The first is making the best pour over and the second is having a fine grind; a finer grind will extract more favor as the water from the kettle will flow through the coffee slowly. If the grounds are coarse, the water will rush past the best flavor compounds. Here’s a step by step guide to using a gooseneck kettle:
- If you’re starting out, we’d recommend that you practice your pour rate by pouring around 100 grams of plain water through an empty dripper in 10 seconds. This would give you a fair idea as to how the flow should feel.
- When you pour through a gooseneck kettle, keep your elbow tucked in; don’t hold your arm and shoulder out. Keeping your elbow close to your side would enhance body ergonomics by shifting the kettle weight and evenly distributing it over the brew. So it’s not just good for the body but also for the brew.
- Pouring from the right height is also very important. You should hold the spout about 8-10 inches away from the grounds while you’re pouring. If you pour from higher it may agitate the grounds and if you’re pouring from too low, you could tap your dripper. The steady height of the spout promotes even extraction.
- Although you can pour is any direction you want, the recommended way according to the Ueshima Coffee Co. Academy in Japan is pouring clockwise.
- You must be comfortable while pouring through the gooseneck kettle; your body weight should be distributed evenly. If that’s not the case, it means your technique isn't right.
- Always be well aware of the water level inside the kettle as it affects your pour rate.
- A small change or alteration in technique can have a big impact on the flavor of your coffee, even if all other variables remain the same.
- It’s not necessary but recommended to occupy your free hand by holding something for support. This provides a better balance and a cleaner flow rate.
How Much Coffee Can You Make in it?
Coffee Gator’s gooseneck pour over coffee kettle is labeled to have a capacity of 34 oz. But you should only fill water up to two-thirds of that. This is because, if you fill in more water, it might boil over and spill. However, the kettle can easily deliver 2-3 cups at a time which is quite reasonable.
* Coffee Gator products ship separately from Mixology & Craft products. Shipping times may vary.